Friday, July 13, 2012

Podiatry

Words are some of my favorite things. There are so many layers of communication which words are just a small part of, but that's for another post.

Have you ever thought or said a word so many times that it sounded almost fake? Try saying the word 'foot' several times aloud. Change the pronunciation a little. Elongate the O's. Change it to a U sound. Say 'foot' fast and then say 'foot' slow. Say 'foot' in a British accent. Say 'foot' cross-eyed while looking in the mirror. Say 'foot' while doing yoga. Say 'foot' while doing dishes. Say 'foot' while putting on your shoes. Say 'foot' in your car. Say 'foot' in the shower. Say 'foot' while reading. Say 'foot' while talking to your friends. In fact, replace the word 'like' with 'foot' and see what happens.

"So, I was foot, 'Double-ya tee eff, mate?' and she was foot, 'Hey! I don't foot it when you talk to me foot that!' and I was foot 'Girl, your foot a sprinkler! I never know when you're going to go off!' and she was foot, 'I foot sprinklers!' and I was foot..."

Now try it with the word 'Onamonapia.'

2 comments:

  1. Benjamin, too funny! You remind me of me, hehe. No joke: I recently thought, "My next husband's going to be a podiatrist," just because I like to say "podiatrist."

    ReplyDelete